Have you ever experienced an acute pain in the lower back, which extends up to the leg? Have you gone through the pain that affect only one side of the lower body? Do you deal with distressing lower back pain that spreads downward through your buttock and won’t seem to drop out no matter what you try? Are you suffering from numbness or muscle weakness in the legs? Then do not confuse it with the normal back pain. This could be a sign of Sciatica Pain.
Sciatica! This word refers to the pain occurs in the Sciatica nerve, which is the largest nerve in the body. The origin of the nerve roots lies in the spinal cord, which extends through the buttock area and ends down the lower limb. To overcome the intolerable pain owing to the sciatica, the one must know about its causes, symptoms and the helpful remedies.
Let’s Begin the Journey of Sciatica Pain Management!!
What Creates the Sciatica Pain?
It is most commonly known as a result of irritation of the roots of Sciatica nerve. There are many reasons for this irritation:
- Degeneration of Disc: It is very common due to aging. But when there is more degeneration, it irritates the nerve roots and causes sciatica.
- Herniate Disc: This situation occurs when the soft inner liquid of the disc comes out and pinches the roots of Sciatica nerve.
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis: The spinal canal in the lower back narrows down and irritates the roots of the Sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: This condition also can create an acute pain of Sciatica.
- Spondylolidthesis: It a condition, when one vertebra slips forward over another one.
What are the Symptoms of Sciatica?
- The pain that originates in the lower back or in the buttock and continues along the sciatic nerve and reaches up to the leg
- Occurrence of the constant pain in only one side of the buttock or leg
- Frequent numbness, weakness or prickling sensation down the leg
- Numbness or other painful symptoms in the toes
- Sharp lower back pain but not as severe as leg pain
- Hip pain
- A shooting pain that makes it challenging to stand up for a long time
What to do for Sciatica Pain Reduction?
Now you must have understand that if you are suffering from this kind of painful life, then take these symptoms an alarm to start taking care of your Sciatic nerve. The following remedies will help reduce the Sciatica pain.
- Hot and Cold Compress: Try alternate heat and cold methods to help relief sciatica pain. In this process, hot compress reduces the inflammation while cold numb the pain.
- Massage and Acupressure: Applying the right amount pressure on the affected point to help lower the sciatica pain. Mixing Ginger oil and Peppermint oil with the carrier oil like coconut or jojoba will exert relief on the affected area, owing to their pungent constitution, and anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties respectively.
- Turmeric: The presence of Curcumin showcases anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. A teaspoon of turmeric in a cup of hot mile will showcase the beneficial effects.
- Ginger and Honey Mixture: With anti-inflammatory properties, the ginger oil helps reduce the sciatica pain. Add one inch piece of ginger in hot water and allow it to seep for 10-15 minutes. Strain the ginger and add one spoon of honey for added benefits.
- Yoga and Stretching: Scientific studies have been suggested that the yoga and stretching the particular parts suggested by the doctors will help relief Sciatica pain.
- Get Yourself Moving: Long hours sitting for working or watching TV during the Leisure time create adverse effects when comes to bulging discs and back pain. To avoid these problems, you can try stretching and isometric exercises, which help relief pain in the spine and improves strength. Take short walks during the working time to keep your muscle relaxed.
- Anti-Inflammatory Diet: try anti-inflammatory diet, which includes plenty of leafy vegetables, eggs, turmeric, fish etc. In addition, increase the intake of food that is rich in magnesium and Vitamin B12.
- Stressful Movement: Avoid movement that involves sudden jerks or twist, which are responsible to affect the affected area especially spine.
Try Natural Remedies and Experience Relief in Sciatica Nerve Pain!!
You can watch more content on Health related issues and home remedies on the link. Blogs, health content and herbal products are also available on the same.