Ultimate Revelation of Monsoon Tips!
Monsoon has already reached your doorsteps. After a sticky, hot and humid summer, who doesn’t like the first drop of rain? Getting drenched in first rain is always a delightful involvement. As the monsoon season begins in full force, the onset of seasonal diseases also displays their presence. To fight these problems try Monsoon tips!
While you are busy enjoying and cherishing this rainy season, you will not understand when this pleasant atmosphere got converted into various medicinal problems. Along with the skin infection, indigestion, fever, common cold, flu there is one big problem arrives in the monsoon called “overweight”. In this season, you get a nice excuse for enjoying hot and spicy mouthwatering food at home. Owing to these habits, you tend to put on extra kgs, which are difficult to shed off.
Rain brings the desire of eating freshly prepared, appealing monsoon special dishes such as samosa, pakoda, spicy hot food items and the list goes on and on. But, don’t you think these food are not a great option for daily basis. Of course Yes! If you follow some healthy tips and take a good care of your daily diet, then no one will stop you from enjoying this season to the fullest.
Monsoon is full of diseases! Read more about various health conditions here:
Here are Some Health Tips to Follow This Monsoon!
Food You Should Include in Your Diet
1. Ginger: During the cold and breezy environment, most of the people crave for having a hot cup of tea. Instead of having plain, you can add some flavors and goodness of herb to your tea to take a small step towards a healthy lifestyle. The fiery nature of ginger will help enlighten your mood and have a capacity to boost your metabolism. With anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, etc. properties, Ginger can uplift your immunity and helps you keep the disease at bay.
How to Consume: Grate some fresh ginger into a cup of water. Boil for about 10-15 mins. Strain the solution and squeeze a lemon for added advantage. And so, you can have this drink twice a day for better results.
2. Turmeric: You can easily find this herb in any kitchen. The golden yellow spice is full of anti- inflammatory, anti-oxidant, antiseptic, analgesic, anti-bacterial, antibiotic properties to help support healthy well-being. With iron, fructose, curcumin, potassium, alkaloids, magnesium etc., turmeric has become the first choice of herb when we suffer from common cold, cough, fever and sometimes even asthma. As a result, it becomes one of the magical Monsoon tips for healthy living.
How to Consume: Add a pinch of turmeric in a cup of milk, Boil it for about 5 minutes. Add a spoon of honey for added taste and fight monsoon disease in natural and easy ways.
3. Garlic: In Ayurveda, it has been reported that the garlic exerts alkaline, anti-bacterial, antibiotic, blood thinner, parasiticide, anti-viral, digestive, detoxicant etc. properties. In addition, the nutrient content of Garlic is allicin, glutathione, adenosine, fructose, glycoside, phosphorus, essential oil, riboflavin, protein, saponins, sulfur etc. to support healthy immunity and in turn fight monsoon disease with ease. It also supports the digestive process without slowing down the metabolism process rate.
How to Consume: Crush some garlic pods and add into any food of your choice to enhance its taste as well as to incorporate the richness of herb in your daily diet routine. You can also enjoy a south Indian dish called “Rassam”, which is a spicy concoction with pungent flavours of black pepper and garlic. This is a best testy yet healthy solution in this monsoon to try.
4. Beetroot: It is a rich source of alkaloids, carbohydrates, flavones, glycosides, minerals, protein, vitamins etc. to reduce anxiety. Along with the nutritional content, beetroot exerts various medicinal properties, which is inclusive of aphrodisiac, immunity boosting, analgesic, antifungal, anti-oxidant, nutritive, rejuvenative, therapeutic etc. It helps detoxify your body and revive your stamina to keep you healthy and refreshing during this monsoon. Thus, use it regularly for great effects.
How to Consume: You can stir fry small pieces of beetroot and add can add them to your favorite salad to increase its nutritious values. It is beneficial to drink one glass of beetroot juice once a day to boost stamina and energy. You can add a pinch of black pepper in the juice for added taste and benefits too.
5. Almond: A dry nut is very beneficial in our daily life, owing to its high nutrition content, which includes magnesium, the richness of protein, iron, copper, biotin, sodium, vitamin, riboflavin etc. to become an important part of your daily diet regime. Furthermore, it depicts memory enhancing, immunity boosting, alkaline, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, calming, etc. properties. With all these properties and nutrition, it seems like almond is certainly a great option to incorporate into a healthy diet. In addition, you can eat these nuts while traveling to fulfill your instant hunger need.
How to Consume: You can eat these crunchy nuts directly while on the go. Likewise, you can add powder in a cup of milk to enhance the memory and digestive fire. In addition, it helps to keep your sugar level under control and also offers a powder fighting mechanism to keep disease away. And so, consume it regularly for added benefits.
Along with this food, there are some other tricks you need to follow in this monsoon.
Habitual Changes to Stay Fit in this Monsoon
- Regular Exercise: Everyone finds it difficult to go out an exercise in the monsoon. So, in these days you can try indoor exercises, stretching, yoga to reduce the excess calories you have been eating. Regular exercise is mandatory to shed off those excess kgs you have gained in this season.
Try yoga to lose weight this monsoon with this helpful video
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking less water due to cold water can put on a high risk of weight gain and disease. Thus, you can opt for a warm water to enhance your metabolism and to boost fat burning process
- Control Outside Food: In this season, you tend to crave for spicy, hot junk food, which in turn increase calories and promotes weight gain. I know it’s difficult to avoid these craving, but you can control the quantity to live a healthy life. And thus, among all the monsoon tips, this one is very beneficial to stay healthy and fit
- Healthy Diet: Include various fruits such as pomegranate, guava, apple, pears etc. In addition, you can also include bitter veggies and herbs such as bitter gourd and neem. This season, opt for the steamed vegetable salad to control the intake of calories
- Drinking Habits: Rather than drinking a plain water, infuse it with lemon and ginger for added immunity and to enhance the metabolism rate.
Herbal Supplement for Weight Loss
Along with these eating and habitual changes, try an herbal supplement for added benefits. When we talk about herbs, Garcinia takes the first position, owing to its benefits in weight loss.
- Garcinia Cambogia is a small pumpkin shaped fruit. It is also known as Malabar Tamarind, or Virkshamla or sometimes Hydroxycitric Acid as it is an important component of garcinia fruit.
- The Hydroxycitric Acid in Garcinia Cambogia plays an important role in weight loss. It acts in two ways in achieving weight loss.
- First by inhibiting an enzyme called Citrate Lyase. This enzyme converts carbohydrates and sugar into fat. By consuming Garcinia, it helps in converting carbohydrates and sugars into energy instead of fats.
- The second way Garcinia aids in weight loss is by increasing serotonin levels in the brain. Serotonin is known as the brain’s “feel good” hormone, and it acts as a natural appetite and craving suppressant. High serotonin can aid in blocking appetite by triggering the feeling of satisfaction and fullness. If less food is consumed, the body starts burning fat stores for energy. The low levels of serotonin can increase food cravings and thus, it results in emotional eating and binge eating disorders.
Try other herbal supplements for healthy weight loss in this monsoon