Is your blood sugar level in control? Does this seem like a simple question? If you think that this question has a basic answer, then you are mistaken. The answer can vary completely from person to person. The blood sugar level of each person is different from other and I can be changed according to the food you eat and the condition you are going through. So basically, understanding the blood sugar level range is a key part of diabetic management. For all these reasons, firstly we need to understand how any person suffers from a diabetic condition and what are the home remedies for diabetes control?
All About Diabetes
Diabetes is a condition in which your blood sugar or blood glucose level is way too high than normal. Your body gets Glucose from the kind of food you eat. On the normal basis, your Pancreas secretes insulin when the blood glucose level is high and it absorbs the excess glucose until the sugar level comes back to the normal range. Whereas in the diabetic patient, the one does not make insulin or does not respond to it normally. This condition do not control or manage the adequate sugar level and leave patient with various medical conditions. There are two types of diabetes.
Type 1 Diabetes:
This condition occurs when the immune system erroneously kills or attacks the beta cells of the pancreas and eventually it stops releasing insulin into the body. As a result, the blood sugar level does not get utilized as energy and eventually get accumulated in the blood in very high amount. Providing the external source of insulin and controlling the diet will help recover the type 1 diabetes.
Type 2 Diabetes:
In this condition, your body cannot properly use the released insulin, which is called as an insulin insensitivity. It has been shown that some people even do not make enough insulin in this situation. In all these conditions, the sugar level gets high and do not get utilized as energy. The research studies have been shown that about 90% of people suffer from type 2 diabetes.
To start diabetes control, the one should know the normal range of blood sugar level in each type. Refer the below chart for your convenience.
|Blood Sugar Range||Healthy Individual||Type 1 Diabetes||Type 2 Diabetes|
|During Fasting||Between 4.0 to 5.4 mmol/L
(72- 99 mg/dL)
|4 to 7 mmol/L
(72- 126 mg/dL)
|4 to 7 mmol/L
(72- 126 mg/dL)
|2 Hours After Eating||Upto 7.8 mmol/L
|Under 9 mmol/L
|Under 8.5 mmol/L
When there is an increased amount of sugar level in the blood, the person can suffer from various medical issues, which includes chronic Kidney disease, lower limb problems, eye disease, amputation, blindness, heart attack, anxiety, erectile dysfunction in men. These complications can turn in to life threatening ones if we do not treat it on time.
Home Remedies for Diabetes Control:
- Bitter Ground: With a blood glucose lowering property, bitter melon considered to help relief diabetes conditions. It impacts the glucose metabolism and helps increase insulin secretion. It restricts insulin resistance, thus it is beneficial for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
How to Use: In this summer, give this drink a try to be hydrated and to control diabetes without medicinal use. Drinking a glass of bitter melon juice every morning is beneficial when it comes to maintaining the normal blood sugar level.
- Cinnamon: With an insulin stimulating activity, Cinnamon has proven to be the very important ingredient in diabetes treatment. It is beneficial mostly on the type 2 diabetes as it efficiently breaks down the glucose and utilizes it into energy.
How to Use: You can directly add half spoon of cinnamon in boiling water and drink once a day. You can also add 4-5 small sticks of cinnamon on a cup of boiling water. Allow it to steep for 20 mins and drink this solution for added benefits. Do not overdo this process as it can create adverse effect on the Kidneys. Consume this solution in suggested manner to experience lower level of glucose in very less span of time.
- Gooseberry: It is commonly known as Amla and it has been suggested in Ayurvedic studies that Vitamin C is not only great for skin and hair but also exert beneficial effects in blood sugar level management. It is considered to have polyphenol, which has ability to protect your body from high sugar level oxidative properties.
How to Use: Take 3-4 Amla fruits. Remove their seeds and crush then finely. Squeeze out the juice and add 2 tablespoons of juice in a cup of water. Drink this solution daily on an empty stomach for few months and experience dramatic changes in your diabetes control regime.
- Fenugreek: It is considered that Fenugreek seeds are a great source of soluble fiber, which is beneficial to control diabetes as its lows down the absorption of sugar and carbohydrates. It improves glucose tolerance level and lowers down the fasting sugar. These seeds also secret glucose-dependent insulin.
How to Use: Add two teaspoon of fenugreek powder in a cup of milk and drink regularly. Otherwise, soak 2-3 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight and drink that water in the morning along with soaked seeds for fast relief. Taking this drink on an empty stomach is very effective.
- Regular Exercise: Performing regular exercise can help you lose weight and increases insulin sensitivity. It helps your body cells to use the available sugar in the bloodstream. After exercise, the muscles use blood sugar for energy and muscle contraction. The adequate weight loss reduces the chances of diabetes.
- Reduce Stress Level: High amount of stress level is always harmful for your heath and when it comes to diabetes, the hormonal changes can raise the blood sugar level. The Glucagon and cortisol hormones increase the overall blood sugar level and put you in a rick of diabetes. It has been shown that the mediation, yoga, regular exercise, following your passion can reduce the amount stress in daily life and help you live a healthy life.
- Get Enough Sleep: Irregular and poor sleeping habits can affect the blood sugar level and insulin sensitivity. It can also increase appetite and thus aids in weight gain. Sleep deprived conditions restrict the production of growth hormone and enhances the production of cortical level. These both hormones play very important role in diabetes control.
- Keep Check on Regular Diabetes Checking: Regular management and monitoring of blood sugar level will help you maintain it even more effectively. You can also try various methods, can follow different diets, and can observe how these things are working for your body.
- Try Herbal Supplement: When it comes to diabetes control, herbal supplements play important role.
- Dia Care Churna is a unique combination of herbs that help in managing healthy blood sugar levels.
- It is a special powder made from ingredients that are important in lowering blood glucose.
- Some of these ingredients include Jambubeej, Neem bark, Guduchi, Methi seeds, Karela, Gudmar, Amla, Ashwagandha etc.
- Antioxidant properties of Amla aid in preventing tissue damage by its free radical scavenging property.
- Gymnemic acid in Gudmar assists in supporting healthy blood sugar levels and help bringing these levels within normal range.
- Guduchi has immunomodulatory activity.
- It also achieves balance of metabolic functions
Thus, . helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.